Theme Changer Staple & Publishing Infrastructure

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM
Hi Scot,
Thanks for this great feature called ThemeChanger. I have modified it to apply master pages for newly created sites. It works fine, but I was getting a strange error while trying to create new site collections. When trying to access the newly created site collection, I got the following error - "The Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature must be activated at the site collection level before the Publishing feature can be activated". I tried a lot of things including creating site collection using the STSADM commands but to no avail. However, it worked when I deactivated the ThemeChangerStaple feature from the "Central Admin -> Operations -> Manage Farm Features" page. Any idea why this is happening?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:18 PM
In MOSS, there are two features that must be activated to support publishing. One is at the site collection level, the other is at the site level. The site collection feature must be activated before you activate the site feature. I think the changes you have made to the ThemeChanger must be dependent upon the publishing feature. It is apparently on at the site level, but never turned on at the site collection level. When you create a site collection, try using the Collaboration template, which has the publishing feature activated already.