Manage hierarchical object store - Access Denied

Feb 19, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Has anyone encountered this problem before: I've installed the Manage Hierarchical Store solution. Once installed, I click on the "Manage hierarchical object store" link and I get Access Denied. I'm a farm administrator, local box administrator, and sa on the database.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Where's the error message? On the page that displays the store or is it a generic SharePoint error message/
Feb 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM
It's a generic SharePoint error message displayed by _layouts/accessdenied.aspx

ScotHillier wrote:
Where's the error message? On the page that displays the store or is it a generic SharePoint error message/

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM
You need to be an administrator on each of the web applications where you want to manage the store
Mar 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2008 at 8:06 PM

I stepped into the code and it looks like the error is thrown from LayoutsPageBase. I even changed to RequiredSiteAdministrator property to false, but still can't get pass. I tried adding myself as a user with full control in all web applications using the "Policy for Web Application" page, but that doesn't seem to help. I'm already a farm administrator and i'm dbowner on all content and configuration databases. What am I missing?

ScotHillier wrote:
You need to be an administrator on each of the web applications where you want to manage the store

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2008 at 9:42 PM
What is the system account for the target web application?