Problem with Web part connections

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Is there any way to enable 'connections' between the 'Current User Filter' webpart and 'My Inbox' webpart, in Sharepoint 2007, so that I can create a personalised webpage, which will display a greeting to the user and their email, on the same webpage?

Currently, the connection-options are grayed-out, whenever I attempt to 'connect' both of these webparts.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Dan
Feb 1, 2008 at 11:33 AM
If Connections menu items are unavailable then the web parts do not support a suitable interface to connect them.

If you want to create a greeting and show the e-mail, I would create a custom web part that utilizes the SPUser object to display this information.
Feb 1, 2008 at 12:53 PM
Thank you for replying to my message regarding connections between webparts.
For someone who is just using Sharepoint 2007 and Sharepoint Designer, is it easy to develop a custom webpart which would allow this functionality.
I don't have experience in ASP.

Thanks,

Regards,
Dan

ScotHillier wrote:
If Connections menu items are unavailable then the web parts do not support a suitable interface to connect them.

If you want to create a greeting and show the e-mail, I would create a custom web part that utilizes the SPUser object to display this information.

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:40 PM
You'll really need someone with SharePoint development expertise