Window Links Column Management

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:19 PM
I have installed the Window Links feature (very nice enhancement!), but when configuring a Window Links list, the Enhanced URL column is not visible on the Settings page for the List. Is there a way to enable that so I can rename it or move it somewhere in the column order, for example? Thanks.
Aug 24, 2007 at 12:04 PM
The Enhanced URL column is based on the Window Link content type. The list has content type management enabled, so you should see the content type on the "Customize" page. You should be able to create new views with this column. Do you see the Windows Link content type on the list settings page?
Aug 27, 2007 at 9:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scott. Content Type management was not enabled, but I enabled it. Still can't see "Enhanced URL" column in the Columns section on the Settings page, though. And when I open the Windows Link Content Type, it doesn't appear there, either. But it appears in the "All Links" view and can be ordered. I don't see how we could rename the column...

ScotHillier wrote:
The Enhanced URL column is based on the Window Link content type. The list has content type management enabled, so you should see the content type on the "Customize" page. You should be able to create new views with this column. Do you see the Windows Link content type on the list settings page?

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:17 PM
Sorry, the Enhanced URL is computed within the list definition. That's why you don't see it.
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Thanks - I guess there is no way to rename it short of recompiling the source. It would be nice if there were. Thank you for your work and responses on this.