Task Mover

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2007 at 1:52 AM
Apr 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM
I installed the Task Mover Solution. Deployed it globally. It said successfull, but when I go to the Farm features or site features lists it doesn't show up as a feature in the list of features. I also don't get any Copy To... options in the task dropdown lists.

Regards,
Greg
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2007 at 7:10 PM
The Feature will appear in the Site Collection features page
Apr 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM
I found it. And activated it. So now I have a special request. Is there any way to get this Task Mover to be able to post across to a different site collection. And maybe even have a default list to copy to? Like the document library built in Send To feature? Most of my users won't know where to copy the task to. I know that we can't make everything perfect for the less-then-saavy, but I think a default option would really help.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2007 at 1:29 AM
I think it would take a somewhat significant rewrite to operate between web applications. I'll put it on the list for a possible enhancement. It's likely to be expensive though to provide that functionality. I'm not sure it would make sense.
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Hi to everyone, I installed and activated (in WSS3 spanish), but i cant see the menu item "Copy to", what can i do for this solution to work ?
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2008 at 6:03 PM
Are you looking at the Edit Control Block (the drop-down menu for an item) or somewhere else? It should be on the ECB.
Mar 8, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Thanks for the tip, i can see the option now, but i can´t copy/move the task to another list, because an error appears (El valor no está dentro del intervalo esperado)
In english is something like this, The value is not inside the awaited interval. Can you help me please?

thanks a lot...

P.D. sorry for mi english

MM

ScotHillier wrote:
Are you looking at the Edit Control Block (the drop-down menu for an item) or somewhere else? It should be on the ECB.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Do you get to the initial page where the candidate target lists appear? Basically, the feature presents a page of candidate lists, then you select one.
Mar 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Yes, i get the inicial page with the lists, but when i click in one list to copy/move i get the error (El valor no está dentro del intervalo esperado/The value is not inside the awaited interval).

I restarted the Sharepoint server without good results, the error stay. Some idea ??

ScotHillier wrote:
Do you get to the initial page where the candidate target lists appear? Basically, the feature presents a page of candidate lists, then you select one.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Did you check and see if the list item copied? The feature will copy what it can even if some of the fields are bogus. It then returns the error message after the operation.
Mar 12, 2008 at 2:38 AM
Hi, i think i have a problems with the permmisions on the lists, can i share with you some images because i feel i dont explain very well with words ???

In the initial page, i only view 2 of 4 lists, and only in 1 i can copy the task, I check the permissions but i dont find the error...

Regards...

MMM

ScotHillier wrote:
Did you check and see if the list item copied? The feature will copy what it can even if some of the fields are bogus. It then returns the error message after the operation.