Theme Changer question

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Hi!

I have been reading thru all the discussions about theme changer, but I haven´t located an answer to the simplest of questions (I´m not so familiar with Features)
The installation worked just fine, and both Theme Changer and Staple are deployed and activated, but I can´t seem to get it to change the theme.
I have created my own custom theme, that I applied to my root Site (ordinary team site), but the new subsites that i create (also ordinary team sites) doesn´t get the theme that the root side have. Is this not what it is supposed to do, or have I got it wrong? Are you supposed to specify the name of the site in Feature.xml?

I provide links to two printscreens that I took: Subsite RootSite

Regards
Jun 13, 2008 at 12:00 AM
First, you should change the Feature.xml to reference the name of the theme you want.
Second, the theme changer works either when you activate it explicitly on a site odr when a new site is created (that's the staple part)
Jun 13, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Thanks!

I didn´t get it wrong, it was just a typo in my Feature.xml.
Works like a charm!

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Hi,

I have made the change in Feature xml, but when I want to make the .wsp file from dds file with makecab.exe, it don´t generate the wsp.
The strange is that the generation process works fine!. I tried to move all the solution folder to C:\New Folder, but it doesn´t work, either.
Are there any other configuration that i have to know?

Regards!
Aug 26, 2008 at 4:01 AM
It has worked fine! (I didn´t see the output path specification in .ddf file).