Toolbar Manager

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Hello im trying to install ToolbarManager.wsp and i cant get it to install i keep getting this error

C:\Documents and Settings\eberki01\Desktop>stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename T
oolbarManager.wsp

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ToolbarManager.wsp: The Solution installation failed.

is there something im doing wrong i am a newbee at this so i most prob am
Mar 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM
You need to change directory to the Bin folder.

from a command prompt cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN
then stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename c:\ToolbarManager.wsp (Or where ever you saved the file.)

then

1. Go to Central Admin > Operations Tab > Solution Management
2. Verify that the Windows Links solution is in the list
3. Verify that the solution was deployed, if not deploy it
4. Go to the Site Collection Features page of your SharePoint site (not Central Admin, but the actual site where users go) and click the Activate button.

("Site Collection Features Page," go to the home page of my site, click Site Actions, Site Settings, Look under the Site Collection Administration column at the root of the collection.

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Thanks for the help but it still wont install

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>stsa
dm.exe -o addsolution -filename c:\ToolbarManager.wsp

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
c:\ToolbarManager.wsp: The Solution installation failed.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>

got this far still the same error :(
has any1 got any ideas
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:53 AM
never mind it was the server thanks for the help

Cheers LOADS
May 13, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Hi eberki,

How did you get around this. I get the same exact error when trying to add the solution.

You said it was the server???  did you change any settings on it ..or so forth ?

Thanks in advance !

eberki01 wrote:
never mind it was the server thanks for the help

Cheers LOADS

May 14, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Hello aman
the problem was i did not have access to the sharepoint DB so i couldent add the solution ( i think ) .
what u need is some1 with the local admin + DB privlages normally the person who set up sharepoint to do it

im guessing u need access to
Sharepoint_config DB

cheers
berki
May 14, 2008 at 8:08 AM
Hello aman
the problem was i did not have access to the sharepoint DB so i couldent add the solution ( i think ) .
what u need is some1 with the local admin + DB privlages normally the person who set up sharepoint to do it

Sharepoint_config DB

cheers
berki
May 20, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I was suspecting the same?  > will ask the admin to try , when he gets back from vacation and post a reply then.

Would really like to deploy this or any other sharepoint forum - as end-users have been complaining on how dryyyy :( lol, out of the box- SP forums are !

Thanks & Regards,
AmAn

eberki01 wrote:
Hello aman

Sharepoint_config DB

cheers
berki

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM
hi,

i have deployed the wsp successfully but i cannot see it in the site features to activate it??

any ideas????
May 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Hi, can not activate the feature it must first run the stsadm command withthe parameter display.
Then, you can activate the feature from the admin page of the site