Window Links Feature in webpart?

Jul 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
I've deployed and activated the Window Links Feature, but do not how to use it now.
When I use the standard links-webpart it justs shows the old version.

How can I use this feature on my site?
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2007 at 7:15 PM
The Windows Links list will show as a new list type on the Create page. It does not alter the existing Links list type.
Aug 30, 2007 at 8:10 PM
I've deployed the Windows Link feature also which shows as a successfull deployment. I don't see it on the site features list to activate nor does it show up as a new list type on the Create page.
Sep 4, 2007 at 1:25 PM
I am experiencing the same result as RobR. I have deployed the Windows Links feature and it shows as successful. However, I do not see it on the site features list or under new list type on the create page. I ran the following commands to deploy the solution:

STSADM.EXE -o addsolution -filename WindowsLinks.wsp
STSADM.EXE -o deploysolution -name WindowsLinks.wsp -immediate -allowgacdeployment
STSADM.EXE -o execadmsvcjobs

All commands completed succesfully. Also, if I to to Central Administration, Operations, Solution Management, it shows:
Status - Deployed
Deployed To - Globally Deployed

At the site level, I do not see it under: Site Settings-->Site Features.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sep 4, 2007 at 2:39 PM
I found the location to activate this. From the site collection main page: Site Actions-->Site Settings-->Modify All Site Settings-->Site Collection Administration-->Site Collection Features. Scroll down and find Windows Links List and click Activate.
Sep 5, 2007 at 4:22 AM

riutzwig wrote:
I found the location to activate this. From the site collection main page: Site Actions-->Site Settings-->Modify All Site Settings-->Site Collection Administration-->Site Collection Features. Scroll down and find Windows Links List and click Activate.

Very nice riutzwig! I looked everywhere but the top level administration, not sure why but all is good as mine works now. Thanks!
Sep 13, 2007 at 5:32 AM
I m also facing a similar problem

I have done the following commands to deploy the solution:

STSADM.EXE -o addsolution -filename WindowsLinks.wsp
STSADM.EXE -o deploysolution -name WindowsLinks.wsp -immediate -allowgacdeployment
STSADM.EXE -o execadmsvcjobs

All completed succesfully.
Also in Central Administration, Operations, Solution Management, it shows:
Status - Deployed and
Deployed To - Globally Deployed

Then I activated the Windows Links List in Site Settings-->Site Collection Administration-->Site Collection Features
It was showing Active also

Then also i am not getting the feature enabled when i click Add New Link
Plz let me know if i missed any thing or wat i need to do next to use this feature
Sep 14, 2007 at 4:05 PM
As Scot mentioned in an earlier post, it doesn't change existing link list types. It creates a new list type that you should be able to see from the create page.

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Oct 11, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Everything is showing globaly deployed, and active but still nothing uder the create page. I can use the windowslinks when I am in under central administration but not when I editing the page from somewhere else than the server. The new pages don't show up. Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2007 at 1:59 AM
It sounds like you have activated the feature in the Central Administration site. That's not what you want. Activate the feature from the Site Collection Features page of the site collection where you want to us the list.
Feb 6, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM
I ran the scripts to deploy the windowslist and now i am trying to activcate it. When i go to my features on my sub site i do not have the option to activate it because it does not show up in the list.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM
The feature appears on the Site Collection features list, not the Site Features list